These Italian pasta dishes are known for their simplicity and bold flavors. Cacio e Pepe, meaning “cheese and pepper” is a dish made with just pasta, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Carbonara is another deliciously simple pasta dish with amazing flavor. All three of these dishes showcase the beauty of Italian cuisine, highlighting the importance of quality ingredients and minimal preparation. Due to the time needed to prepare 3 sauces, the Spaghetti noodles will be prepared ahead of time. Chef Dave will talk about making the dough and show you how to cut the spaghetti but guests will not have the opportunity to make the pasta.
Participation: You will be making your own dessert but the rest of the class will be Demonstration
- Cacio e Pepe (Pepper, Parmesan, Pasta Water, and Butter)
- Carbonara (Peas, Asparagus, Proscuito, Parmesan and Lemon)
- Fried Spaghetti (Stir Fry Noodles with Vegetables)
- French Bread stuffed with Mozzarella and Garlic Butter Glaze
- Individual Tiramisu
What You will Learn:
- The versatility of spaghetti
- Frying noodles vs. boiling them
- How to make mozarella garlic bread
- How to make pastry cream for the tiramisu
A glass of wine or beer is included in the cost of the event. Additional glasses may be purchased at the wine bar.
A 10% off coupon will be handed out during class which can be used up to three days after initial class date.