Tamales are a traditional Mexican dish made of masa (corn dough) that is usually filled with various ingredients such as meat, cheese, or vegetables. The filling is wrapped in a corn husk and then steamed or boiled until cooked. Tamales are often enjoyed during special occasions or holidays, and they are known for their delicious flavors and unique texture. Come join Chef Liz as she teaches you the art of making tamales. You don't want to miss this fun class!
Participation: This will be a light participation class. You will fill your own tamales with the filling that Chef Liz will demonstrate how to make.
- Pineapple Tamales
- Tamales Verdes (pork filling with green tomatillo sauce)
- Tamales Rojos (pork filling with red pepper sauce)
- Champurado (a chocolate based drink made with masa)
What You Will Learn:
- The different types of fillings
- How to prepare the masa
- How to wrap and steam the tamales
A glass of wine or beer is included with the event. Additional glasses may be purchased at the wine bar.
10% off all regularly priced items