May 26 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm CDT$85.00
For those ‘small plate’ lovers, this class is for you. Chef Matt will really put you to work as you discover the wonderful flavors and varieties of Tapas. You will be making:
1) piquillo peppers with goat cheese
2) Tomato toast (very classic)
3) Brussel sprouts with cherries and a honey aioli
4) Spanish meatballs
5) Shrimp and chorizo skewers
6) baked goat cheese in fresh tomato sauce
7) Smoked salmon pinchos
8) Garlic potato salad
In the class we will discuss the history of tapas and how it has evolved in the US. We will also spend some time talking about olive oils. I will do an olive oil sampling (good olive oil is key to 2 of the above recipes). We will also discuss the BUFF theory of how to plate and present food. Chef Matt will show some pictures of some tapas dishes as well as images from parts of Spain where these dishes come from.
A glass of wine will be served.